Head of Group Internal Audit – Support Functions, Digital and Technology
Job vacancy has risen within Letshego Holdings Limited,
- Main Purpose (Why does the exist)
To provide strategic and technical leadership to the independent in-house internal audit function and advising on the Group’s operational control environment and risk management practice. Responsible for setting the internal audit strategy, developing leading practices, and maintaining audit programmes and advisory services for support functions, technology operations, infrastructure, and cybersecurity services in alignment with Group Internal Audit and group strategy.
- Critical Deliverables /Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Partners with functions, digital and technology senior management, providing advice on governance matters, developing, and delivering assurance and value add reviews, responding flexibly in a dynamic environment and enhancing the capabilities and deliverables of the Group Internal Audit function.
- Designs and implements agile processes, product, digital, and technology internal audit processes, methodology, and ongoing process improvements
- Drives the timely execution of audit engagements from planning through reporting
- Establishes the scope, objectives, and approach to audits applying a risk-based methodology that achieves timely results and high-quality audit deliverables
- Engages with key stakeholders to prepare and design reviews to be included in the annual risk-based audit plan, ensuring adequate resources to deliver the level of assurance.
- Participates in internal audits projects in various capacities from leading and conducting audits to supporting and guiding audit teams
- Critically evaluates audit issues identified including assessment of the issue/root cause and financial statement impact
- Communicates audit findings timely and collaborate with process owners to develop creative, yet practical, recommendations to remediate control deficiencies
- Manages the follow-up and reporting of internal audit findings until deficiencies are remediated
- Liaises with business and finance leadership and communicate status of key projects and initiatives, and audit results
- Responsible for presentation of audit results to senior management.
- Liaises with external auditors to support the completion of their independent audits, as needed.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Timely execution of audit engagements from planning through to reporting
- Compliance to Internal Audit guidelines and communication standards.
- Effectiveness of risk assessments and support of the delivery and execution of engagements aligned with the audit plan.
- Quality of internal audit input (compliance, governance, financial control) to Group-wide projects and initiatives.
- Continuous improvement
- Audit Reporting and Monitoring
4. Knowledge and Experience Required of the Job Holder
A minimum 10 years’ experience in an IT Audit role with a minimum of 4 years’ experience at a senior management level. Financial Services exposure is highly advantageous. Minimum 2 years’ experience in audit data analytics
Bachelor’s Degree in either Accounting, Commerce or Information Systems. CISA/CISSP/CCSP/ITCA essential. Data Analytics Certification added advantage
Closing Date: 23 February 2023
Application Email: [email protected]
Interested candidates should forward their applications accompanied by Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] by indicating the position they are applying for on the subject email: e.g. Ref: Head of Group Internal Audit – Support Functions, Digital and Technology.
Disclaimer Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted