Group Finance Operations Manager
Position Title: Group Finance Operations Manager
Reports to: Head of Group Shared Services
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a similar degree required
A minimum of 5 years post articles experience OR a minimum of 8 years’ experience in an Accounting role.
Financial Shared Services experience is highly advantageous.
Sound knowledge of Accounting Financial management
Knowledge of Financial Reporting and the relevant statutory requirements
Working knowledge of the relevant accounting software
Knowledge of the Agile ways of working
Knowledge of process re-engineering
Previous experience in managing collections, AR, AP and Reconciliation functions within a Shared Services environment
Experience in B2B Collections environment on multi-plant / legal entity structure
Strong communication skills and experience in interacting with both external customers and internal divisions
Attention to accuracy and details
Ability to work to tight deadlines
Ability to convert analytical findings into business recommendations
Ability to identify risks and find solutions
Experience in leading process improvement, automation, and organisational transformation within a financial operations environment
Main Purpose of the Job
The role will be to manage a team responsible for the timely & accurate processing of the financial control, accounting & reporting activities; provide support and coordination through financial reporting and analysis, and be part of the implementation team on delivering automated solutions in Finance Operations.
Critical Deliverables /Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Controls and provides guidance and operational support to accounts payable, accounts receivable, and reconciliations team, as well as the wider finance function
- Ensures best practice is applied and 3rd party providers adhere to agreed policies and processes
- Leads by example, provide excellent customer service, and represents the Shared Service Centre
- Manages and supports the Accounts Payables Lead, Reconciliations Leads, and System Support Manager.
- Provides direction and credit management expertise to other organisational plants regarding accounts receivable and credit control policies and procedures
- Ensures that regular on-going communication occurs with employees to create awareness of business objectives, communicate expectations, and recognize performance
- Reviews and agrees Standard Operation Procedures upholding best practice
- Ensures all past due accounts are collected in line with corporate policy
- Drives automation of SSC processes to increase efficiency and results
Interested candidates should forward their applications accompanied by Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] by indicating the position they are applying for on the subject email: e.g. Ref: Group Finance Operations Manager